Interview Shannon Leto & Antoine Becks by Buro24/7:
On Saturday, April 21, Varsonofevskom Lane was the club predotkrytie Alina Zanskar, play DJ-set on which the newly-born arrived electro-rock duo - drummer of the rock band 30 Seconds To Mars Shannon Leto and DJ Antoine Becks, known for his musical project CB7. Buro 24/7 lucky enough to have a conversation with the musicians - how to combine rock and dance music, the future of these genres, as well as a new generation of audience that craves fun, and not just listening to music, but also on their own records.
Let’s begin, if you do not mind.
Antoine: Yes, let’s do it!
Excellent. Then my first question: how do you get to combine electronic music a la CB7, and alternative rock like 30 Seconds To Mars? How is it possible?
Shannon: How is this possible?
S.: To begin with, it is possible. (Laughs.) It’s so exciting - to impose on each other these two worlds, watch what happens. Well, you know, challenge yourself. Very cool, exciting and risky. And I love the risk, you know. I think the risk - this is important. The risk of pushing you in the right direction - to experiment and steep solutions, test your creativity when you kombiniruesh different elements of genres.
Antoine, and what do you think? From the side of electronic music.
A: Regarding the use of electricity in the rock? Frankly, I played the guitar since childhood and began writing dance music when I was a teenager. Both of these genres have become part of my life, so I do not think anything strange. Everything turns out very naturally.
Nevertheless, these two genres have evolved separately for a long time. By the way, how would you describe their future? Here is Shannon, you’re out “Mars,” which, according to you, the future is waiting for an alternative rock?
S.: I really do not know what the future brings. But I know for sure - it must be very exciting. Our subsequent experience seems to me this way: we just do something different, interesting and new. (Laughs.) Even all the old ideas of our guys from the “Mars”, the process and record all of the accumulated records - was once new. Each album “Mars” was such a push, and today can be traced incredible growth since the first album. And I am confident that with our next album will jump the same, sending from our contemporary sound to the next item.
Yes, I understand. What about electronic music? Now there is all sorts of genres and commands …
A. (Perebivaet.) Yes, you’re right. The reason for the popularity of dance music today - that people feel part of it. They go to hang out and dance, they want adventure. This is more than just sit and look at how the musician plays, right? So people feel inspired by this music, it detonates them. And I think that the future of theatrical gigs like that, how to play the guys from “Mars” will include this element. The public should be involved in the process.
You mean the collaboration of artists of different genres?
A: Yes, that’s it. People must feel that here it is, shows, and they are - its main participants.
Sh (Perebivaet.) Yes, I think this map is what is happening today in our society. We are literally all married to our cell phones, hell, on the internet! We are all here, right here. (Shows a man hunched over a computer.) And again, we need a sense of community, as before. And what says Antoine, what happens: when you dance, dance with you the whole crowd and all the fun. What we want to do with the guys from “Mars” - combine live performance, and this sense of unity, to involve the public in our songs and make them part of our music.
A: My Dance Project CB7 is now doing about the same. And for this - the future of dance music to be “warmed up” live-performance kakih-nibud rockers. And it is here, here it is, right in front of you! But dance music has become so influential, it is for a large crowd. DJ is no longer to be a DJ, who just got up from his laptop in a corner with his head down and fully immerse yourself in this car, because now he plays for a room of his friends, and - for a moment - to 60,000 people . Therefore, the future - for the live performance.
Yes, I think it will be interesting.
A: Yes, I can feel it! Very cool.
I liked how you explained the new generation that wants to show and fun. How, in your opinion, are there any key musicians of this generation?
S.: Now on stage so many musical genres, it is difficult to identify someone. For example, “Coachella”, which is being held in California … Yeah, all right, and this last weekend. “Coachella” combines cool musicians of our time, it’s a terrific explosion of emotions, then you and the dance music, and whatever you want. This is what is happening in the world.
A: Yes. But what is even more interesting, now almost anyone can make music himself. In the 70 needed to do a lot of money and the studio, and now you can record songs on his laptop in his bedroom. And it brings a lot of new teams in the music world. Yes, that really there, even the kids can record music! And importantly, you do not have to be behind a powerful promomashinu - you on the internet and so untwist. It has pluses and minuses. We’re just stuck in a huge swamp music of different genres and of varying quality, sometimes hard to recognize good music. But on the other hand, it enormous creative possibilities, and the talent is always heard.
S.: Yes, in our time, the main marketing tools - your Facebook, your Twitter. It can happen just about anything. And it’s cool.
(translation from Russian to English with Google)
- madman-wicked-witch likes this
- drgordis reblogged this from lubasha
- grrlse7en likes this
- echelon-battle-of-one reblogged this from cb7russia
- marissa-echelon reblogged this from cb7russia
- marissa-echelon likes this
- crazyhurricane6 reblogged this from shanty69
- cb7russia reblogged this from hurricanerobi
- cb7russia likes this
- museaholicechelon reblogged this from crankwhistle
- crankwhistle reblogged this from hurricanerobi
- alexlalou likes this
- marsisonfire reblogged this from neverr-stop-believin
- whostolemytardis reblogged this from fadingdreamj
- x-elly likes this
- sapfira23 reblogged this from fans-of-antoinebecks
- sapfira23 likes this
- fans-of-antoinebecks reblogged this from hurricanerobi
- bimxxx likes this
- lubasha reblogged this from fadingdreamj
- lubasha likes this
- fadingdreamj reblogged this from hurricanerobi
- fadingdreamj likes this
- musefrommars likes this
- bring-me-the-monster reblogged this from mothergerard
- irismuddafuggaz likes this
- irismuddafuggaz reblogged this from ilivealetolifestyle
- neverr-stop-believin reblogged this from shanimalfever
- the-evolution-is-coming reblogged this from shanimalfever
- shanimalfever reblogged this from ilivealetolifestyle
- mothergerard reblogged this from ilivealetolifestyle
- ilivealetolifestyle reblogged this from one-dearest
- villainindisguise reblogged this from one-dearest and added:
- a-dirty-mind-is-a-joy-forever likes this
- shannonletoismyking reblogged this from shanty69
- dreamerwideawake likes this
- danceintodarkness reblogged this from hurricanerobi
- one-dearest reblogged this from hurricanepl
- letmefiliyoukili reblogged this from hurricanepl
- myheartbelongstojaredjforever reblogged this from shanty69
- myheartbelongstojaredjforever likes this
- paganigirl likes this
- shanty69 reblogged this from hurricanerobi
- shanty69 likes this
- savior6277 reblogged this from hurricanerobi
- hurricanerobi posted this